From his childhood on the island of La Réunion to his experience in African, Australian and American deserts, Gaspard Graulich has developed a strong bond with nature. He loves being surprised in front of the landscape and the strong feelings that come from it. These feelings are the starting point of his reflection on the conception of objects that mix philosophy, mechanics, and a love for the material.
“Exploring through the object the relationship between Human and Material” is his moto, constantly questioning the object, its meaning, its function, and its interactions. His work is refined, returning to the very essence of the object that he seeks to deconstruct to better update it. His objects with a simplistic aim push to reassessment.
Presence carries the memory of the person who touches and uses it, its history is apparent: the object is not inert, it is an animated material.
Gaspard Graulich is a designer born in 1983 in La Réunion.
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Appliqués et des Métiers d’Art (ENSAAMA)
- Ecole Supérieure d’Art et de Design de Reims (ESAD)
- Université de Science et Technique de Besançon
EXPOSITIONS – SELECTION
- 2022 / Private Choice n°11 Lignes de vie / Life lines, Paris
- 2021 / Private Choice n°10 Odyssée / Odyssey, Paris
- 2020 / Private Choice n°9 Voyage intérieur / Inner journey
- 2020 / Sight Unseen Offsite Online.
- 2020 / Collectible. Brussels
- 2019 / Private Choice n°8 Affinités / Affinities, Paris
- 2019 / « Crossovers » by Adorno. London Design Festival. Curator : François Leblanc. London
- 2019 / Private Choice n°7 Studio d’artiste du Palais de Tokyo / Spring Fiction
- 2019 / Collectible. Brussels
- 2019 / « Interstices », Biennale Emergence. Curator : Earlwyn Covington. Pantin (fr)
- 2016 / La Rotonde Stalingrad, Paris Design Week. Paris
- 2015 / Artifact #B, Biennale Internationale Design St Etienne. Saint Etienne (fr)
- 2013 / Now!le off. Paris
- 2013 / Artifact, Biennale Internationale Design St Etienne. Saint Etienne (fr)
- 2012 / Meet My Project, Lieu du Design. Paris