Gaspard Graulich sees himself as a designer-explorer. Born in Reunion Island in 1983, he studied industrial design at ENSAAMA Olivier de Serres in Paris, conceptual design at L’ESAD in Reims, and ecodesign at the University of Science and Technology in Besançon.
From his childhood on the island of La Réunion to his experience in African, Australian, and American deserts, Gaspard Graulich has developed a strong bond with nature. He loves being surprised in front of the landscape and the strong feelings that come from it. These feelings are the starting point of his reflection on the conception of objects that mix philosophy, mechanics, and a love for the material.
“Exploring through the object the relationship between Human and Material” is his motto, constantly questioning the object, its meaning, its function, and its interactions. His work is refined, returning to the very essence of the object that he seeks to deconstruct to better update it. His objects with a simplistic aim push to reassessment.
- Presence: carries the memory of the person who touches and uses it, its history is apparent: the object is not inert, it is an animated material.
- Console table Megalyth: plaster cast made from the Fontainebleau forest’s rocks.
Gaspard Graulich is a designer born in 1983 in La Réunion.
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Appliqués et des Métiers d’Art (ENSAAMA)
- Ecole Supérieure d’Art et de Design de Reims (ESAD)
- Université de Science et Technique de Besançon
EXHIBITIONS – SELECTION
- 2022 / Private Choice n°11 Lignes de vie / Life lines, Paris
- 2021 / Private Choice n°10 Odyssée / Odyssey, Paris
- 2020 / Private Choice n°9 Voyage intérieur / Inner journey
- 2020 / Sight Unseen Offsite Online.
- 2020 / Collectible. Brussels
- 2019 / Private Choice n°8 Affinités / Affinities, Paris
- 2019 / « Crossovers » by Adorno. London Design Festival. Curator : François Leblanc. London
- 2019 / Private Choice n°7 Studio d’artiste du Palais de Tokyo / Spring Fiction
- 2019 / Collectible. Brussels
- 2019 / « Interstices », Biennale Emergence. Curator : Earlwyn Covington. Pantin (fr)
- 2016 / La Rotonde Stalingrad, Paris Design Week. Paris
- 2015 / Artifact #B, Biennale Internationale Design St Etienne. Saint Etienne (fr)
- 2013 / Now!le off. Paris
- 2013 / Artifact, Biennale Internationale Design St Etienne. Saint Etienne (fr)
- 2012 / Meet My Project, Lieu du Design. Paris